– Bring your own shopping bag
– Return used hangers to your dry cleaner
– Use compact flourescent light bulbs (change them now! – you’ll save enough to make throwing away perfectly good, though ineffective regular bulbs)
– Tell your take-out/delivery places you’ll pass on the extra forks/knives when they deliver – after all, you have some in the drawer in your kitchen
– Is that espresso so hot you need a sleeve?
– Does that second glass of wine by the glass really require a second glass?
– Don’t patronize those “moving”, “trash-hauling”, or the “we’ll keep putting up unwanted flyers on anything that doesn’t move” companies. (How much plastic tape do they use anyway?)
– Shop local
– Eat local
– Play local
Add to this list. The possibilities are boundless…